CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hm

Okay, so now, I'm FINALLY getting excited about Mia's arrival.

Just a short while ago, I got this information from the breeder... and it made me smile:

Everything looks great, I'm getting her bag packed and she's excited. She loves to talk, last night she was at the edge of the pool and I was talking to her saying "I love you" and the more I said it the more it seemed like she was trying to say it back. I know that sounds crazy, but I have about 3 Frenchies that sound just like they are saying something. She is the cutest thing and I know you are going to just love her.

Wouldn't you smile too??

Now, I really feel like an expectant mommy. :)

This past weekend, I was good and didn't go into a shopping rage, but managed to keep restraint when it came to pulling out my diminishing wallet.

Steve got Vito's baby crate out of storage, which is what Mia will use until she gets too big. A disturbing thought, though... when I was at Target (aka Xanadu), I saw pugs listed as 'toy' dogs and french bulldogs as 'small'. This could pose a problemo. Vito's a little hefty for his breed, but being dominated by a 'bigger' sister could be a blow to his ego. Oh well, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

So, yea, since we already have the crate, we are using a blanket we already have for her and have already set them up in the living room so Vito can get used to the idea. I only had to buy spray for cleaning messes up and her name tag. Ahhh... Mia Sofia... so exotic, no?

We STILL have potty pads from Vito's baby days, so that'll come in handy, and we also have oodles of toys he's turned his nose up at. The breeder is sending over some food with her along with some handy dandy coupons to assist in what will surely be a large grocery bill for puppy food.

Yike.

0 comments: