CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Holy Moses!

I've officially lost it!

I woke up this morning with such extreme anxiety over this whole puppy thing.

I thought, holy frijoles, here I have just sent a deposit for a dog I've never seen in person to a person I've never met!

What the hell did you do?!

And then I'm all freaking out over the fact that we already have the joy of our lives (Vito) and how's he gonna feel having this strange lookin creature come invade his space??

There are five factors that are contributing to my insanity:

  1. The cost - puppies are NOT cheap, especially if purchased from a reputable/responsible breeder. The reason being that French Bulldogs, like Pugs, have to be born via cesarean because of their big ole heads;
  2. Purchasing the puppy from a breeder who may not be local (as in our case, the breeder is in Texas) and not being able to see said puppy before it's arrival;
  3. The puppy is being shipped with a puppy nanny (who knew?) and may or may not arrive. What if we're being duped and paying all this money and the puppy nanny doesn't show? Then we're SOL!
  4. Provided that #3 doesn't occur, bringing a puppy into our structured household is gonna throw everything into upheaval! Vito has his/our routine down pat and gets 95% of our attention/love/energy (the other 5% goes to our two cats who could give a rats ass about us).
  5. Getting a puppy is like a full time job in that you have to establish law and order, and oh God, the potty training! I believe this is where I shall have to admit myself to the loony bin because I hated the process when we got Vito and I swore I'd never get a puppy again.

What was I thinking? So, anyone who knows me knows that Steve and I got married in October and that was an experience in itself. I had a blog where I wrote/vented about everything I went through and that wasn't pretty.

Can you imagine the lengthy blogs that I'll be posting on this?

This morning, I thought, screw it, lose your flippin deposit and move on. But what would happen in a couple of months when I would wish that I had that puppy?

I sent the breeder an email this morning which went as follows:

Mary,

I woke up completely stressed out this morning, thinking about the puppy. It occurred to me that after days of constant emailing, soon after I made the deposit, the communication stopped. I understand that you're probably busy, but, I hope you understand from my point of view how this can be a bit stressful. After all, I just sent $500 dollars to someone I don't know for a puppy I haven't seen in person.

I need more information on the puppy nanny and delivery so I can plan accordingly for time off of work, if necessary, and when to schedule her first vet visit.

Cecilia

To which she responded:

Hi Cecilia,I completely understand how you feel, I'm just waiting for George to call me back with his schedule, I called and left a message on his cell phone last night. He is suppose to be trying to see if he can get her on a flight before the 24th, I know how hard it is to wait. Mia is doing fine and we are in the process of the worming, she's still a little chatty Kathy, wanting all the attention. So please don't stress out, just as soon as George calls me I will email you. I can't make her Vet appointment either until I know when she is set to fly.Mary

God needs to send me a serious sign... a bolt of lightening; a nice slap in the face; anything!

On the other hand, if we DO get this puppy, we pretty much have everything we need from when Vito was a puppy, including the crate.

Calgon... oh, you know how it goes.

0 comments: