CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm not awake yet.

So, it's like, what 8am, and I have no intention of waking up.

I prefer to stay sleepy so I don't spazz over stupid stuff, which is exactly what I did yesterday.

That poor breeder... I've put her through the ringer, that's for sure, but she still, surprisingly, has patience with me.

I finally told her yesterday that she should just ignore me because I tend to flip out over things... the little hamster wheel in my brain goes into overdrive when I'm stressed and that's exactly how I've been feeling.

This morning I woke up thinking, 'Oh my God, now we can't go anywhere!'

I remember how traumatic it was for me when we got Vito... Steve just kept telling me 'he's a puppy' and I was like, shut it, but he was right. And I swore upside down and sideways that I'd never get a puppy again, and here I am! WTF?!

Vito's finally at the point in his life where he can chill by himself for a while without supervision. In fact, he's probably better behaved alone than I am... but nonetheless. Now we'll be back at square one and I shall go loony again.

I can recall a little ditty I used to say ALOT shortly after we'd acquired Vito: 'I WANT A REFUND!'

Steve's definitely better equipped to handle these things... always trying to assure me that everything will work out and that we're a team and la la la.

He says all the right things in his hopes to stop my madness, and it works for about 2 minutes, and then I go coo-koo again.

So... the 26th our little girl will arrive via a puppy nanny. He's supposed to call me when he lands in SJ and we'll meet up.

And now that that's all squared away... what do I start worrying about next? How am I going to introduce Vito and Mia, his new sister? Then after that, I start thinking about the introduction to the cats, and then, oh no, what about the crate/potty training, and now you can see how a girl can drive herself bonkers.

I guess I'll try to work a little today. Even though I really don't want to.

Oh what the hell... might as well give it a go.

0 comments: