CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Breakdown and Breakthrough

Tired again.

Left work early yesterday so I could potentially catch up on sleep and get a few things done around the house. Neither happened.

I picked up Mia and we dashed over to Petsmart where I wandered aimlessly like an idiot for about 1/2 an hour trying to decide on an appropriate play pen.

Because of our living situation, Vito has to go potty in an outdoor pen because if not, he'll head for the hills.

So, in order to get Mia to learn the potty is for outside, I bought a pen for her.

It's still sitting in my trunk.

I also bought her a little teeny bed (she's so small!) and some wet nap things so I could clean her feet after she inevitably walks through her pee.

When we got home, I got her to eat lunch, and of course, she took a shit and piss where she wasn't supposed to. Steve came home once and we fussed at each other.

We disagree on how we shall raise this little girl in terms of training.

I took the reigns with Vito on training and because I have such a strong connection with him, I'm apprehensive of getting too, too close to little Mia. Not because I don't love her or anything... she's a doll! But because I want to be certain that Vito knows he's still my #1.

That being said, we (Mia, Vito and I) relaxed on the couch and they played a little.

Finally, Vito is starting to put Mia in her place. She's a fiesty little thing and tends to bark/yap (I thought Frenchie's weren't barkers??) at him and he just takes it. Now he's putting her in check.

Last night when he was chewing on a bone and she ran over to check it out, he growled at her and then she didn't dare go near him. It was good.

So, before Steve got home from work, I started cleaning up the living room and kitchen area. She's finally braved entry into the kitchen, and I don't want her eating any fallen scraps on the floor.

I crated both Mia and Vito while I vacuumed and was sure to praise them both for being good babies.

Then, somehow we were able to put Mia in her house and of course she cried a little, but then we kept making passes through the livingroom so she'd know that because she was in her house, didn't mean that we were ditching her.

At one point, she even went and lied down on her blankie and bed. I was very proud.

And, she went through the night without screaming bloody murder.

We also moved her food and potty area into the kitchen. We've still had a couple mishaps, but I'm happy to report that she took a dump in the appropriate potty place.

We'll see if I can maintain my sanity for the remainder of the day.

I'm not cut out for puppies.

But thankfully, my husband and Vito are.

0 comments: